Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When I feel like something sweet I have a few super easy recipes that I make again and again... They're really satisfying and full of nutrition!

What's nice about these in particular is there versatility. Like some of the other foods I've mentioned, I can add any extra ingredients I feel like or that I have on hand. 
There are lots of variations of the chia seed pudding ~ I'll give you my basic recipe and below it I'll note some other tasty ways to enjoy it also.

Chia seed pudding

1 cup almond milk  ~  you can use almond milk from your grocer  (or use creamy hemp milk ~ recipe below)
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey
dash cinnamon
stir well ~ continue to stir on & off for about 15 minutes until it gels. 
put in the fridge for about 30 minutes

The chia seeds form a tapioca kind of consistency.  
  
That's it for the basic recipe ~ it doesn't get any easier than that!

 Variations
Chocolate chia pudding !! 
add a tbsp of cacao powder to the recipe above ~ be sure to stir well 

Also you can add  nuts ~ little pieces of any fruit ~ extra cinnamon or cacao nibs ~ whatever you like :)





Creamy easy hemp milk  ~ you can drink this as is for a creamy, frothy drink ~ or use it for the base of the chia pudding for extra added flavor

1 cup hulled hemp seeds 
3 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
2 pitted dates  (or 1 tbsp raw honey)

Blend in high speed blender for 1 minute ~ blend a little longer in kitchen blender

Variation

chocolate hemp milk ~ Add 1-2  Tbsp cacao powder for delicious chocolate hemp milk

** I  buy my Chia seeds ~ Hemp seeds & Cacao powder at Whole Foods... you should be able to get them at your local health food store also.

:

ENJOY!  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...