Saturday, April 16, 2011

 It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~ Mark Twain


 I've got all kinds of fun things to look forward to as the summer months get closer and I feel most alive! I really thrive on warmth and sunshine :)
 Today I'm taking a class on sustainable square foot gardening. I'm really, really excited about this ~ it's the official start to my new gardening adventures. This will be my first attempt at growing some of my own organic greens and veggies! After looking at several options, trying to decide what would work best with the little space and so-so dirt I have to work with ~ this is just perfect!!
After today's class I'll have enough info to begin my own little garden  :)


 Square foot gardening is a simple method of gardening that's easy for anyone to do. It's a natural organic method of gardening designed by Mel Bartholomew .You use above ground boxes that are 4X4.  The squares are filled with a special soil mix, so the quality of existing dirt is not an issue. The class is being taught by Amie Guyette Hall ~ director of From Your Inside Out and being held at Sport Hill Farm in Easton ~ hosted by Patti Popp.
Both are local women I have just recently had the pleasure of meeting  and I am so happy for that!
 I absolutely love their enthusiasm for spreading the word of health, wellness and nutrition in their own special ways.


Check out their links on the right...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...