Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello everyone :)

I'm planning on taking the weekends off from blogging, but since I missed a few days this week due to technical issues ~ here are some rainy Saturday afternoon thoughts...

 I have to say that I have aspirations to eat a 100% raw diet, and maybe I will at some point. The foods are so vibrant and colorful ~ fresh and alive! But for now I enjoy the few cooked foods I eat and it's certainly done me well ~ so I'll see what the summer and warmer weather has to bring.
 I feel fabulous ~ healthy and happy and that's most important to me and should be for all of us! Whatever path feels right. I've learned that listening to my body and honoring how it feels after I eat certain foods is key. For me, introducing fresh greens into my body through green smoothies has dramatically improved my health and well being and set me on the path to choosing only foods that are highly nutritious and beneficial for me.
I don't think there's a need for labels on how we eat as long as the foods provide optimum health and well being. I'm sure I'll be touching on this more as I continue my journey of health & happiness!

Here's a little picture video of dinner last night :)



Quinoa with scallions and sun dried tomatoes

I soaked the sun dried tomatoes in water for a few minutes, chopped them up and added them along with sliced scallions into the prepared quinoa ~ delicious!

Fresh spring green salad ~ isn't it pretty?

Spring greens from Sport Hill Farm
tomatoes
cukes
orange pepper
lots of sprouts
scallions
walnuts
raisins ~ fresh from a California produce stand ~ amazing!

Raw cucumber dressing ~  a simpler version of a few recipes I've seen, I just threw it together in the kitchen blender

1 cucumber
1 avocado
1 clove garlic
abt 1/4 tsp raw honey
abt 1/3 cup olive oil

delicious ~ nutritious & ooh so satisfying  :)

Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter
Health & Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...