Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm sitting out in the warm sunshine this afternoon while I write this post ~ what a treat!
The forsythia is in full bloom and the daffodils all around the yard are beautiful :)
 I had a lovely Easter yesterday with my family and a few friends. My sisters and I don't see each other nearly as often as we used to, so it's always really special when we get together. We are each at different places in our lives and on our quests for good health & happiness. This is wonderful because no one thing is right for everyone ~ we are each finding our own paths and sharing our successes along the way. We are all eating a little differently right now so it was fun to contribute to the buffet this year ~ each of us brought our own little something to the table.

Here are some pictures of a wonderful salad I enjoyed and the raw desserts that I brought this year. 
Most everyone tried them ~ I thought that was really great!  Since I'm not eating processed foods, 
I wanted to bring something that was pretty, delicious and of course nutritious. 
The recipe for the cacao maca balls and chocolate chia pudding are below. Both are super easy to make!
The chia pudding was a bit of an experiment, I didn't stick to the recipe like I should have! 
 I'll tell you what I did below ~ in the end I think it came out pretty good :) 
Chia is really easy to work with ~ experiment , have fun with it and let me know what chocolate delight you come up with...





Maca cacao balls

In a food processor combine:
1 cup hemp seeds
8 pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tbsp maca powder
3 tbsp cacao powder

Blend for about 3 - 5 minutes, stopping to scrape from the sides now and then
pour the mix into a large bowl
taking about a tbsp worth at a time ~ squeeze it with your fingers until it forms a firm little ball
continue until you have as many as it makes

dampen each one under lightly running water and roll in unsweetened coconut flakes

Delish :)

My Chocolate Chia Pudding 

2 cups hemp milk or almond milk   (I used hemp milk ~ you'll find the recipe in an earlier post)
4 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp honey 

mix well on and off for 15 minutes ~ until it thickens

** you could stop right here and have a fabulous dessert ~ my next step wasn't necessary, but I'll tell you what I did **

I mixed this in the blender for a minute  ~ to make it a little creamier
set in a bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes
it was a little thin, so I stirred in another tbsp of chia seeds to thicken it some more
mixed well ~ let sit 15 minutes 
topped with sliced  fresh strawberries

Voila!!

If you make these or any variations ~ I would love to hear about it!
 Feel free to post any questions,comments or share your own recipes....

Enjoy :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...