Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring has sprung! It's time for working in the yard and playing outside :)

Once again the weekend weather cooperated and it was time to focus on my garden to be. This is my first attempt at gardening and I think I mentioned earlier that I decided to do a Square Foot garden. Here's a little clip of the class I took a few weeks ago on it at Sport Hill Farm. Amie Hall, who's a certified teacher in this mode of gardening, taught the class. It was a lot of fun and by the time I left I was armed with enough tips to get my garden started :)
 Last weekend I bought the wood and soil and Saturday it was time to build! It was an easy process ~ here's where I am at so far....
Although I'm not quite ready to plant yet, I did buy some cool herbs that are in pots and soaking up the sunshine. I have lemongrass ~ parsley ~ dill ~ chives ~ basil ~ and even a stevia herb plant!

I also have some wheat berries sprouting! 
I fell in love with wheat grass not too long ago and ever since that first taste I knew I had to start growing my own. It tastes so earthy and sweet and it's so great for you!  It's full of chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins & nutrients that are so beneficial for your overall health. It's often referred to as "liquid sunshine" ~ now that's my kind of drink :)

Here's a short little video on the concept of square foot gardening ~ just in case anyone is looking for an easy, compact way to garden...



Hope everyone's having a good time playing in the sunshine!!
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...