Monday, May 23, 2011

It was time!
 Although I've been giving away my larger size clothing by the bags full, I've barely put a dent in all that I've accumulated. Having gone from a size 20 at my highest weight, to the size 8 that I am today, you can only imagine what my closets look like! Not only are all the closets packed full, but the piles have been taking up lots of basement space and all corners of the bedroom too. Oh yea~ it was not just time, it was long overdue!


 For some reason I've been putting this off, the job of sorting through my closets and getting rid of all the old clothes. I'm not sure why it's been so hard to do,but I get pretty attached to my clothing regardless of my size.
 Also, in the past I always had that little thought in the back of my mind, What if I put the weight back on? But I know without a doubt, that will not be the case this time. The changes I've made are truly a lifestyle change this time. I think that concept alluded me until it actually happened for me. 


 There was no excuse this week ~ with a rainy week off from work and the warmer weather approaching, I just had to jump in and get sorting. So I put on my ipod,Widespread Panic blaring in my ears, and danced around the bedroom thinking ~ out with the old, in with the new...To say this project was a little overwhelming would be an understatement. Should I have a tag sale? Pass them along to family and friends? Give them all to Goodwill? Too many choices! At first I was trying everything on piece by piece, but soon I could tell that it really wasn't necessary. Basically nothing I owned except a few recent purchases fit me anymore.Finally getting that realization through  my head made the job a whole lot easier. That may sound silly, but I really think it took my head quite awhile to catch up to the changes in my body. Actually I think I'm still getting used to it :)


I'm happy to say that after a long day of sorting, bagging and organizing I feel happy and content with the end results.I have a little something for everyone and I found a few hidden treasures! I've always been an optimist ~ as I've shopped my way through the past couple years I bought items here and there that I could only dream I would actually wear. How exciting to find that now that dream is a reality  :)
Building a new wardrobe will be another job unto itself,  but it'll be a lot more fun for sure!



"Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined"
Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...