Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm sitting here with a cup of my favorite tea ~ jasmine green and licorice root ~ listening to the birds sing and feeling the sunshine on my face, thinking.... I am so blessed.... 
Life is good  :)

Yesterday I was feeling a little adventurous where my green smoothies are concerned.
Usually I stick with the one I love because no matter what else I make, I always yearn for my same kale apple ginger smoothie.
 This isn't really a huge change, but I know this is definitely a keeper for me!!
The swiss chard made it creamy, almost buttery tasting & the pear and ginger combo blended perfectly...
It was AWESOME  :)

Ginger Pear Smoothie
1 bunch of swiss chard
2 pears
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1 cucumber
1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
1 cup water
Blend & enjoy!!

I also made a terrific mango banana breakfast pudding ~ it only took minutes to prepare and kept me full until lunch time easily.
This is my variation of a recipe from Raw Food Rehab ....  the recipe calls for peaches, but since I only had frozen mangos in the house I substituted them for the peaches. 
Mango Banana Breakfast Pudding
2 cups frozen mangos
1 ripe banana
4 pitted dates (soaked previously for 30 minutes to soften)
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
slice the banana and save a little of both the mangos and banana for topping the pudding
blend everything until smooth ~ top with chopped pieces & enjoy!!  Delicious....


Even after all this time,
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with
A love like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...