Monday, May 2, 2011

*~*  Happy May  *~*

 What a nice weekend I had. I'm always so thrilled to see the sunshine ~ I really come alive when this nicer weather arrives. It's not quite warm enough for me yet, but since that's just around the corner I'm content :)
There's just not enough time in the day to pack in all the things I want to do on the weekends. I've found that I have so much more energy than I've ever had in my life! More energy than I know what to do with sometimes. I wake up with the birds and go to bed probably later than I should. I guess I'm making up for lost time when I was less energetic.
It's such a great feeling to be enjoying life to the fullest ~ I feel so alive!
And I owe it all to the food I eat now. I'm not sure I would've believed this in the past ~ that eating a healthy nutritious diet would provide me with all the health and well being I always longed for!

  Saturday I took a ride up to Sport Hill Farm in Easton for the garden tour. I love that Easton is just a short drive away and yet it has such a country feel. The tour was great! Patti showed us around the farm, pointing out all the different crops, the market & greenhouses. Her enthusiasm for sharing her love of their farm and healthy, seasonal eating is contagious. I'm lucky to be a part of their Farm to Chef CSA program this year and encourage everyone to visit the farm and check out all they have to offer.
I love knowing where my greens & veggies are coming from and am so happy to buy from them whenever possible. Their asparagus is like none I've ever tasted ~ the fresh spring greens & bok choy are as pretty as they are delicious. And there is so much more yet to come!
 Take a peek at the farm on a little video montage below that I made on Saturday :)  

Also this weekend I had a surprise visit from a childhood friend I haven't seen in more years than I can believe. Yet we chatted comfortably, like little time had passed. She brought me such a sweet gift ~ a lettuce plant for my garden to be! That was so thoughtful! She's seen my posting about loving my greens and my endless chatter about the garden I'm starting, so when some lettuce plans were given to her she wanted to share the love! Speaking of my garden ~ I have my raised bed ready and a sunny spot scoped out so hopefully by next weekend the planting will begin!! 


Even after all this time,
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with
A love like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...