Thursday, March 31, 2011



 ""No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change 
- Barbara de Angeli


Thanks for all the great questions everyone's sending me via email and Facebook!!
It's given me some guidance as to where to go each day  :)


 This was not really a diet I set out to do ~ I did want to lose weight but I also wanted to feel better ~ plain & simple.  I read an article about the benefits of adding greens to your diet and thought I'd give it a try. I bought a juicer and tried that for about a month but it wasn't for me. I did feel better,  it was just too much work. I stumbled across a recipe for green smoothies & thought I'd give it a try... From there on it's all been a gradual progression that occurred naturally once I began to treat my body more kindly. As many of you know I had been struggling with my weight all of my life. I had also been struggling with chronic neurological Lyme disease for the past 20 years. At times it was completely debilitating.  To my surprise and joy I have had absolutely no Lyme symptoms in this past year. To think that I can attribute these small miracles in my life to the foods I enjoy each day!!  


Life is not all green smoothies... For the first time in my life I feel free to eat as much as I want ~ whenever I want!
freedom to actually enjoy food ~ that makes me happy :)


What do I eat on a typical day?   Here's what I had yesterday...


I always start the day with a big mug of tea in the morning ~ I LOVE jasmine green and licorice root tea.
Licorice root is a natural sweetener and has numerous healing attributes. I drink this all day long!


next up ~ my green smoothie ~ apple ~ carrots ~ celery ~  cuke ~  ginger ~ parsley ~ kale ~ sprouts ~ hemp seeds

lunch ~ bowl of cooked  wheat berries with pomegranate seeds ~ apple chunks ~ raisins ~ walnuts ~ pumella slices ~ cinnamon
another green smoothie


afternoon ~ handful of raw almonds
Apple Lara bar ~ my favorite indulgence!  I eat one, sometimes 2 a day.... Healthy & delicious!
tea


Dinner ~ Rosemary & thyme quinoa with sundried tomatoes, broccoli **
roasted brussel sprouts & garlic


evening snack ~ apple Lara bar with Jasmine, licorice tea....


                 *~*  I never  go hungry ~ I'm always satisfied & enjoy everything !!  *~*









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...