Friday, July 22, 2011

How to make nutritious, delicious green smoothies

Good Morning  :)

 Here's a video I made showing you just how easy it is to blend up a nutritious, satisfying and delicious green smoothie. Below that are instructions for making them in a kitchen blender. You don't have to use a high speed blender, if you don't have one, don't let that stop you.  
Green smoothies have worked their magic on me ~ it's all about getting your greens in! Once I began adding the greens into my diet, my palate began to change slowly but surely!
I began to lose my taste for sugars and carbohydrates,without any effort. I found myself replacing them with more fruits and veggies, enjoying them like I never had before. It was a change that occurred gradually and naturally and helped me to become the healthier, happier gal I am today!
I am 116 lbs lighter and feeling fantastic  :)




Ingredients

1 granny smith apple
1 banana
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1 cucumber peeled
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 inch piece of ginger peeled
1 tsp raw honey
1 cup of water ~ approx.

blend 1 cup of water with spinach
add each ingredient one by one ~ stirring in a circular motion with tamper
blend until smooth
add more water to fill till top

I always store my smoothies in a 16 oz. Ball mason jar.
They will last up to 2 days in the fridge 
be sure to refrigerate them soon after making them.
Today I use a Vitamix , which is a high speed blender, but I didn't start with one in the beginning. It's not necessary to have the Vitamix! Your smoothie will just have a creamier consistency and you don't have to chop up your fruit. Using a regular kitchen blender is fine. You should chop up any firm fruits in smaller  pieces if you are using your kitchen blender.


Instructions for making a Green Smoothie in a kitchen blender

Ingredients:

  1 apple
 2 bananas      ( to sweeten it more add another banana ) 
  2 carrots 
 1 celery stalk
 1 peeled cucumber
 2 handfuls of spinach 
1 1/2  cup of water

Wash everything really well  ~  slice your apple and carrots to blend easily 

Directions ~ it's important not to add all ingredients at once ~ they won't blend properly
blend approx. 30 seconds each time

add 1 cup of water
all spinach .... Blend for about 30 seconds 

add carrots & blend 

add rest of water & blend

add apple slices & blend

add celery & blend    

add cucumber slices & blend

add bananas & blend until creamy   

ENJOY!!
Coconut Strawberry Hydration


1 1/2 cup coconut water
1 cucumber, peeled
12 strawberries
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)  
dash cinnamon
dash vanilla

Blend & enjoy  ~ this is really delicious & hydrating!!
  
Strawberry Green Smoothie

1 1/2 cups coconut water
1 pint strawberries
1/2 banana
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 peeled cucumber
1 large handful baby spinach leaves

Blend & Enjoy


These last 2 smoothies are full of hydrating goodness, great for the hot summer days!!
Blend one up or created your own green smoothie :)

There are no rules  ~ have fun with it!!
get your greens on in a delicious, satisfying way!!

Have a wonderful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...