Friday, June 10, 2011

We turn not older with years, but newer every day.
Emily Dickinson


Happy Birthday to me ~ today I turned 53 years new :)


I'm so grateful and blessed to feel so wonderful and healthy at this stage of my life. Do I wish that I had found my way to healthy happiness 20 years ago? Of course ~ but I believe everything happens for a reason. Perhaps it's as simple as just appreciating each and every day :)
I love waking up early to start my day as the sun comes up. Listening to the birds sing and watering my garden are highlights of my mornings. Blending up my greens and tending to my wheatgrass and sprouts bring me joy. I don't think these little things would have brought me such pleasure in my busy,hectic 30's. Everything in it's own time. This is my time to nourish myself body,mind and soul and to finally feel comfortable in my own skin   :)


 With this summer weather comes lots of lovely local greens and veggies! This year I'm participating in a CSA program (community supported agriculture) and I've already received 2 boxes of glorious green goodies. Patti at Sport Hill Farm teamed up with Linda at Green Gourmet to Go and each week they provide a box of seasonal produce along with a container of vegan or vegetarian soup and a healthy dessert :)   Wonderful!!





I've been blending up delicious green smoothies and putting together some great recipes with all this wonderful produce!!


                                                      This smoothie is awesome



ultimate green goodness  :)


1 bunch romaine lettuce
handful of dandelion greens
handful fresh sprouts
large cucumber
2 stalks celery
1 pear
1 inch piece ginger
handful of parsley
1 1/2 ups water


Blend well & sip your way to health!!


This also is great with an apple in place of the pear


Here's a couple other variations I've made ~


1 bunch red leaf lettuce
handful parsley
1/2 pint strawberries
1/2 banana
1 cucumber
2 stalks celery
1 1/2 cups of water


large handful of mixed spring greens
handful sprouts
6 large kale leaves
1 cucumber
2 green apples
1 inch fresh ginger
1 1/2 cups water


Any variation of greens & fruits are delicious & nutritious! There is so much available right now!
Always use organic when possible
mix it up ~ be creative ~ have fun with it!!    Enjoy :)




                                           Summer salad with honey lime vinaigrette dressing


Mixed fresh local lettuces
sliced red pepper
fresh scallions
fresh parsley
fresh lemongrass
raw sunflower seeds
fresh sprouts
handful of California raisins ~ no comparison to regular store bought :)


honey lime vinaigrette

juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup raw honey
pinch sea salt

Just wisk it up & enjoy

I was planning to post a few more amazing recipes I've made lately ~ but a birthday surprise is calling my name :)

Next up ~ lime ginger wraps
sprouted seed blueberry chia 
sprouted quinoa summer salad

Have a Happy Healthy Weekend!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...